cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new unsecured credit with 3 baddies that fall off in a year?

tag
sdtrew
Established Member

new unsecured credit with 3 baddies that fall off in a year?

Is it possible to apply for an unsecured card with 3 baddies a 9 year tax judgement and 3 good accounts? 3 inquiries too. Or should i apply for a secured card and let it report first?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: new unsecured credit with 3 baddies that fall off in a year?

Fico scores?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to pull your FICO scores. Go to creditchecktotal.com and do the 7 day trial for a dollar. Need to see where you stand before you can decide where you can go.
Message 3 of 8
sdtrew
Established Member

My scores range from 533 to 608.
Message 4 of 8
sdtrew
Established Member

I got my creditcheck scores they are ex 595, eq 573 and trans 603.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tty the prequal for Cap1. My husband's scores were similar to yours with 2 baddies and 2 good accounts and got approved for 2 unsecured cards after being prequalified. Just remember to apply back to back if you get the prequal so they'll only do 1 set of HPs
Message 6 of 8
sdtrew
Established Member

It said sorry we couldn't match your records to a card offer but based on your answers we think you might like this card. It listed Cap1 Platinum, QuicksilverOne Rewards and secured MasterCard.

Is it safe to say I didn't prequalify for anything even though they suggested 3 other cards?
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sdtrew wrote:
It said sorry we couldn't match your records to a card offer but based on your answers we think you might like this card. It listed Cap1 Platinum, QuicksilverOne Rewards and secured MasterCard.

Is it safe to say I didn't prequalify for anything even though they suggested 3 other cards?

Apply anyway - the prequal is by no means 100% accurate. If denied app for their secured card.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.