Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

newbie help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

newbie help

im new to this site and rebuilding ....can anyone point me to some links of the best threads on rebuilding credit to save me some time from searching a million threads? please and thank you!! I have had a repo 5 years ago and some collections which ive paid off all them and now just have student loans with some late payments and good car payment history a couple credit cards with high balances which im fixing to pay them down to about a 100 a piece but my credit sucks 610 thanks to what I thought was love sure cost me for years and years...thanks for the help

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Re: newbie help

Is that 610 score a real FICO score or some other scoring model? If not FICO, you can signup (7 day trial) for CreditCheckTotal for $1 to get FICO8  scores from all three credir bureaus. What negative accounts are listed on yoru reports and how long ago did the negatives happen for each? Do you have any open revolving accounts in good standing reporting on your reports?

Message 2 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Check out the sticky topic "Helpful Rebuilding Threads" posted in the upper portion of the Rebuilding Your Credit  forum.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

im new to this site and rebuilding ....can anyone point me to some links of the best threads on rebuilding credit to save me some time from searching a million threads? please and thank you!! I have had a repo 5 years ago and some collections which ive paid off all them and now just have student loans with some late payments and good car payment history a couple credit cards with high balances which im fixing to pay them down to about a 100 a piece but my credit sucks 610 thanks to what I thought was love sure cost me for years and years...thanks for the help

The late payments will lessen impact on scores as they age over 2 years. The high balances can be a huge drag on scores as well.

You should get a third card in order to be able to maximize your UTI.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have four cc 8 late payments with last being 33 months 607 experian and franklin collection paid 2 years ago revolving is 2000 out of a limit of 4000 limit owe 41 k in student loans which 22k is on my truck thanks for the help guys anything else you need to know

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i had some student loans and car payment i got way beind on in 2011 when my x destroyed my life thought we had a kid together but turned out wwe didnt she made me pay her bills n give her money or i couldbt see him so that stuff is on my record all are closed but show late and so on

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

history before that was good and after that been good ....and everything now is current

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.