Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

next step of rebuild

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

next step of rebuild

ok so i have the majority of the negatives gone from my CR, 2 still listed.

right now im a AU on 2 of my wifes cap one cards, with wanting to pull a mortgage next summer im worried about the AU side even though im the one who actually pays the bill and regulates the cards usages ( meaning which card we use this month and when to stop using it while we wait for it to report, then when to use again ), as we are both rebulding she i just a little ahead of me score wise. i figured it time for me to try to aquire my own. .

so my question is i used the cap 1 pre qual page and it states Congratulations! We think you'll like this pre-qualified card offer, show the platinum then under that the quicksilver..

1.how accuare is this pre qual tool? ( dont want to hit if its not accurate )

2. i thought i remembered read apply for 2 cap one cards back to back and its only 1 hard pull pull ?

3. do i keep myself as an AU ( accounts are 3 months old )?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: next step of rebuild

@Anonymous wrote:

right now im a AU on 2 of my wifes cap one cards, with wanting to pull a mortgage next summer im worried about the AU side even though im the one who actually pays the bill and regulates the cards usages ( meaning which card we use this month and when to stop using it while we wait for it to report, then when to use again ), as we are both rebulding she i just a little ahead of me score wise. i figured it time for me to try to aquire my own. .

so my question is i used the cap 1 pre qual page and it states Congratulations! We think you'll like this pre-qualified card offer, show the platinum then under that the quicksilver..

1.how accuare is this pre qual tool? ( dont want to hit if its not accurate ) No prequalify tool will be 100% accurate. It's basically giving you a more than 50/50 chance to say you prequalify for something

2. i thought i remembered read apply for 2 cap one cards back to back and its only 1 hard pull pull ? I've read the same thing. Will try it next year after I get a mortgage.

3. do i keep myself as an AU ( accounts are 3 months old )? If you have your own tradelines, at least 3 to get the best score, then you would no longer need to be an AU on such young cards.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

after some research it's 1 pull per day, just signed up for both back to back, approved for both ..

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

1.how accuare is this pre qual tool? ( dont want to hit if its not accurate )

2. i thought i remembered read apply for 2 cap one cards back to back and its only 1 hard pull pull ?

3. do i keep myself as an AU ( accounts are 3 months old )?

I dont see any danger in remaining as an AU on these accounts with all of the standard precautions -

If it is dramatically newer than yours and pulling down your AAoA, consider being removed, otherwise, stay.

One of the biggest advantages of being an AU is that you have access to the CL.  You would be piggy backing on the CL of the original account.

If you have 10k of CL and there is 5k on the AU accounts, you now have a CL of 15k.

You can also get the bad parts of the AU accounts, like a late or high UTI.  Since you are very much a part of controlling the original accounts, your risk is very tiny.

HTH

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.