Re: next steps

gotcha, good point. 

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

gotcha, good point. 

Thats why I recommended you get the Cap One Platinum card. Its easy to get - same requirements as the QS1, but no annual fee, and you can get the rewards added to it after a couple months, making it the equivalent of the "full" QS card. Later on, you can roll the QS1 card into it, and have a rewards card with a decent limit and no AF. Thats how I got mine up to $5800. I'm hoping I can get it to $10K before the end of 2016.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have the plat and quicksilverone already, and already upgraded the plat to another quicksilverone. its just hard to say no to an extra 30% off if i take out a store card.......i seem to get approved for anything except chase, discover, amex even with the scores being lower. maybe they arent as low as i think. 

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

i have the plat and quicksilverone already, and already upgraded the plat to another quicksilverone. its just hard to say no to an extra 30% off if i take out a store card.......i seem to get approved for anything except chase, discover, amex even with the scores being lower. maybe they arent as low as i think. 

Which Platinum card did you have? Was it the one with the lower interest rate and an annual fee after the first year (the Classic Platinum)? My Platinum no AF cards have converted to QS rather than QS1. The only one that converted to QS1 was one that sterted out as an Orchard card and had a $59 annual fee.

I noticed that the Classic Platinum is no longer listed - I hope they have not changed to where they are converting all platinum accounts to QS1 cards and tacking on the AF...

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

my quicksilverones both have an annual fee of 39.00........the original was a plat also with an annual fee but not sure how much it was. it wasnt orchard though. i just upgraded it last week. 

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

my quicksilverones both have an annual fee of 39.00........the original was a plat also with an annual fee but not sure how much it was. it wasnt orchard though. i just upgraded it last week. 

Orchard was a bank that was bought by Cap One a few years ago. Orchard cards were all converted to Cap One cards in 2012, I think.

Sounds like you had the Classic Platinum which had a lower interest rate but had the annual fee that was waived the first year. I think they just dropped it from their lineup because its not on their page any longer. I know I saw it there just a few weeks ago.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

so i guess my course of action will be to just keep up with these accounts, pay off every one except one and keep that at a small balance under 10%. 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.