Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no more gw's

tag
madesomemistakes
Valued Member

no more gw's

I think I'm finished writing GW's for myself and for my hubby.  We'll  just wait out our two years for everything to drop from our credit reports.  I was successful and getting many accounts removed. Here goes a list.

American express-charge off-deleted

Citibank open account 30-60-90-120 lates-all lates deleted

LVNV- deleted

Target open account 30-60-90-120 lates- all lates deleted

Union bank charge off- deleted

CCS - collections-deleted

Atlantic credit and Finance-deleted

I was still trying to get capital one to delete a charge off that was paid off in 2007.  I emailed the CEO but received a letter that said no, we have to report all correct information. Oh well, our scores have improved and we will apply for a house in the beginning of March. These boards are really terrific.  I never knew about writing a GW until I came here, so thank you to all of you. 

Credit scores from March 2009 to today

My scores TU  616 to 660

My scores EQ  648 to 665

DH scores TU 568 to 691

DH scores EQ 626 to 685

Experian-770 Transunion-780 Equifax-780
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Re: no more gw's

Hi

I have been trying to get Citibank to remove some late payments for over a year and have not been successful.

How did you get the late payments removed?  Citibank never lost a dime on me but they denied my Shell app, won't remove my late payuments from my old Citibank MC or Macys card. . . I guess they just hate me.

Message 2 of 14
aquatic1
Established Contributor

Congrats on all your success.  Why don't you just continue to send the letters.  When your sitting down to pay your monthly bills jut send out a few additional GW letters.

BTW, How did you get LVNV and Target to delete?  I have been trying to get these two companies to send some GW my way to no avail. 

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you mind PMing me some examples? I have a paid co and would love to remove it! Thanks in advance
Message 4 of 14
persistent98
Valued Member

Can you PM me some examples as well?  You've done awesome.  i must say I've GW'd for about 7 months and have had no success???  PFD's have worked for me though.  Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 14
msdraglox
Regular Contributor

Can you PM me the address you used for Citibank, I have a paid collection I am trying to remove.
Started at 586 EQ and 604 TU in 8/2009
565 EQ Oct 09
614 EQ Dec 09
624 EQ Feb 10 ---604 TU Jan 10
643 EQ March 10 --from lender
Current 573 TU (myfico) 632 EQ (from lender) Jan 11
Message 6 of 14
madesomemistakes
Valued Member

Here is an example of my GW letter.  There's really nothing special about it.  I think persistence is the key.  I kept writing the letters over and over until I received a yes. This letter has not worked for Capital One yet, but worked for all the others.

I am writing to see whether Capital One would consider a goodwill deletion and delete the charged off account from my credit bureau reports for the account listed above.  The last four digits of my social security are

I had my Capital One since 2002.  I paid my own way through college while working full time.  I worked at the same job for six years while I attended college part time.  Unexpectedly in 2005, the company that I was working for closed and I was stuck without a job.  I was young and didn’t have any type of savings. I thought about filing bankruptcy but knew I had a responsibility to pay back everything that I had charged on my cards. I called Capital One and set up payment arrangements as soon as soon I was financially able to do so.  I now have a stable job and make all my payments on time and have money in savings for unforeseen circumstances.

I was really upset that I had lost my card membership with your company.  I was offered another card and jumped at the chance to take it.  I have had my card for two years now and enjoy all the benefits of having a Capital One.  I always pay my account on time.  Capital One has been extremely generous to me by extending me credit after I paid off this account in full.  Is there any way this account can be deleted from my credit reports? I am working extremely hard to rebuild my credit after five years and a kind gesture such as this would really help me in accomplishing my goal.

Experian-770 Transunion-780 Equifax-780
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@madesomemistakes wrote:

Here is an example of my GW letter.  There's really nothing special about it.  I think persistence is the key.  I kept writing the letters over and over until I received a yes. This letter has not worked for Capital One yet, but worked for all the others.

I am writing to see whether Capital One would consider a goodwill deletion and delete the charged off account from my credit bureau reports for the account listed above.  The last four digits of my social security are

I had my Capital One since 2002.  I paid my own way through college while working full time.  I worked at the same job for six years while I attended college part time.  Unexpectedly in 2005, the company that I was working for closed and I was stuck without a job.  I was young and didn’t have any type of savings. I thought about filing bankruptcy but knew I had a responsibility to pay back everything that I had charged on my cards. I called Capital One and set up payment arrangements as soon as soon I was financially able to do so.  I now have a stable job and make all my payments on time and have money in savings for unforeseen circumstances.

I was really upset that I had lost my card membership with your company.  I was offered another card and jumped at the chance to take it.  I have had my card for two years now and enjoy all the benefits of having a Capital One.  I always pay my account on time.  Capital One has been extremely generous to me by extending me credit after I paid off this account in full.  Is there any way this account can be deleted from my credit reports? I am working extremely hard to rebuild my credit after five years and a kind gesture such as this would really help me in accomplishing my goal.

Very good letter!
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too have been trying to get Target to GW a 30 day, can you please PM me the address you used?

Thanks!

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just started trying to rebuild my credit and have discovered some 'baddies' on my account, one of which is Citibank. Could you PM me the address you used for your GW letter? Thanks
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.