Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no point increase after 3 med coll deleted

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

no point increase after 3 med coll deleted

i received notice the other day from equifax that 3 accounts were deleted from my credit file. i guess you don't automatically get points for this? i had my credit report pulled the next day or so and the lender had the same score as myfico about a month ago. what's the average increase people are getting for having collections deleted. the collection was placed at the beginning of this year so it was fairly new. doesn't this count for something.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: no point increase after 3 med coll deleted

Do you have remaining collections?

I didn't see much, if any, increase in scores from having collections removed. When my last one was removed, I was expecting great things, nothing.

You might have been re-bucketed as well.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

what is rebucketed? i have one other collection that's been there since 2003 and i really believe it's past it's sol but i don't have anything to document that. only that i know i haven't been to this place since before my child was born and she is now 19
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you do a search on this site for "bucketing" or "re-bucketing" you'll find a great number of posts on this.

For the collection that is remaining, have you disputed based on "FCRA Compliance Date"?

Check out the link below concerning re-aging.

Re-Aging

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

i will never again dispute anything. i just disputed something and it came back verified or updated so when i had my report pulled the other day i got a denial because it's showing nov 08. i did dispute it again before i thought about it and realized i should've just left well enough alone. also, the date that is showing dola is 2003. i would think there is a time limit for creditors to report a bill. if i was there before 1990 why would it just show up in 2003?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

A negative account can only be report 7 - 7 1/2 years from the date of first delinquency.

If you went delinquent more than 7 1/2 years ago, they are reporting inaccurately.

FCRA gives you the right to dispute directly with the company furnishing the information.

I would call up the CRA and ask what the FCRA compliance date is that is being reported or pull your reports directly from the CRA themselves and look for DOFD or estimated removal date.

If they are reporting the wrong DOFD(which is set by the OC and doesn't change once the account reaches collection/charge off stage) , then dispute directly with the CA regarding an incorrect DOFD and ask for proof of such. If no response, file complaints with BBB, your AG, their AG, and any licensing board they are licensed with. If you can't get anything done then, file suit.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.