Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not bonded in tx example letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

not bonded in tx example letter

It is my understanding that a collection agency must be bonded, but not required to be licensed to collect debt in Texas. I have searched all the collection agencies that are reporting on my dh's cr and there is a ca that is not bonded to collect debt in Texas, which is very odd because they are in Texas. I have entered executive% and Tx as the state on the website someone on this site provided me with. All of the other ca's are showing, either active or bond pending cancellation.
Can someone provide me with an example letter to send to the ca stating that they are not bonded in the state to collect debt? And who should I send the letter to-the ca or the cra or both?
If by chance I am entering this wrong in the website and someone out there know that this agency is indeed bonded in the state of Tx, please let me know...the address reads:
Executive Services
1200 Austin St
Wichita Falls, Tx 76301
This is for an old medical bill (he has 4 collections reporting with them). I have not send any letters yet, just diputed with Ex as that is the only agency that they report to. He started with 6 and 2 have been deleted, but 4 verified.
Also, since they are not bonded, is is true that they must immediately stop trying to collect and stop reporting? They are all due to fall off in 09 if this doesnt work, but would like them to go away asap. We had no knowledge of these ca accounts until pulling cr. He has never been contacted by them by phone or mail...very strage.
Any help is appreciated!
Just noticed another ca no record of being bonded:
Platinum Capital Inves
1245 S Main St Ste 100
Grapevine, Tx 76051

Message Edited by bearcat59 on 09-13-2008 06:21 PM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: not bonded in tx example letter

If you search by just City and State......a CA with the same address pops up.

The principal name is Halnan and states the bond is pending cancellation on 10/10/2008, has been bonded since 5/30/1995.

I had no luck with the other.

I would call the SoS office and double check them before sending a letter.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks sidewinder as I did not know you could just enter just the city and state. I thought you had to enter a name. I will call about the other. Thanks for your quick response and help! By the way, do you have an example letter for not being bonded to collect debt on here anywhere? Thanks again!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump...is there an example letter to send to a ca for not being bonded?
Message 4 of 7
JShidell
Frequent Contributor

bearcat59,

What you should do and my suggestion to you is contact the Texas SoS and ask if they can either mail, email or fax you a letter from their offices in regards to the CA that is on your CRAs and does not have a bond filed in their SoS office.  They will be happy to send you this letter.  When you get this letter send a copy along with the letter below to the CA reporting.

If they refuse to remove file a complaint with the AG, BBB and FTC and send them a copy of the letter you received from the Texas SoS.

Good Luck,

I'm still fighting a CA on my reports who claim they have a bond filed but according to Texas SoS they do not.  I filed a complaint with BBB, AG and FTC and its still a work in progress they are refusing to remove.

v/r
JShidell

[Date]

Collection Company Name 
Address
City, State, Zip   

Re: Collection Account for Original Creditor #: xxxxxx 

Dear Sir/Madam:

I'm sure you know, under Section 392.101 of the Texas Finance Code laws  a third-party debt collector or credit bureau is prohibited from engaging in debt collection in Texas unless the third-party debt collector or credit bureau has obtained a surety bond and filed a copy of the bond with the Office of the Secretary of State.

According to the Texas Secretary of State as of [Date], [Collection Company Name] does not have a bond filed in the state of Texas therefore are not bonded to collect in the state of Texas.  Since [Collection Company Name] is clearly in violation to Texas law Section 392.101 of the Texas Finance Code I expect all reference to this account be deleted from my credit report, as this entry and any update of such entry will be considered another violation.  You have 5 days from the receipt of this letter to remove this account from any and all reporting agencies, or a complaint to the FTC, AG and BBB will be immediately filed. It is my hope that you will comply with the law in order to avoid the hassle.

Please address all correspondence regarding this account in writing via postal mail or fax:

You Name
Address
City, State, Zip

Thank you,

Your Name

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

J Shidell,
Thank you so much for your help! I called the SOS office this morning and they are not bonded to collect debt in Texas...yay! The letter is perfect. I plan on sending a copy to each CRA today along with the CA. I appreciate your help once again.
Any for anyone that needs a phone number for the Texas SOS is it 512-463-6906. I called spoke with Ms Weston and she is emailing me a letter advising that the company is not bonded. I inserted the phone number as this is a direct line and it took me calling 5 different people to get this number.
Message 6 of 7
spunkygurl82102
Established Member

bump.....

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.