Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not complaining

tag
gagum129
Regular Contributor

not complaining

So I got a score watch alert today. I went from 582 to 590. While I am excited about the small increase I can not figure it out. The score watch said it could be from a decrease in balance or possibly a removal of some negative information. I thought maybe one of my goodwill letters paid off. So I pulled my report today and I can not tell anything that has changed from when I pulled a report a week ago. Now, I did pay off a credit card last week and got a score watch alert saying I had a change in account status but I received no score increase. Is it possible my increase today is a delayed result from last week? Any suggestions?

Starting Score: 582
Current Score:
Equifax 684 MyFico 10/10/11
Transunion 659 lender pull 7/6/11
Experian 690 lender pull 7/6/11

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: not complaining

In my opinion, it's possible it took a week to work it's way through the system to be update your FICO score.   

They gotta run a lot of data through their processing centers....so maybe they recalculate FICO once a week for consumers.  Dunno!  Smiley Happy

Whatever reason, it's SWEET that your score went up!  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
gagum129
Regular Contributor

Re: not complaining

I did a little more comparing of the report I pulled today and the one from a week ago. I am pretty sure I figured it out. I hit the one year mark since my last late payment. I guess that is what probably gave me a little bump.

Starting Score: 582
Current Score:
Equifax 684 MyFico 10/10/11
Transunion 659 lender pull 7/6/11
Experian 690 lender pull 7/6/11

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.