Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not sure how to ask this question

tag
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

not sure how to ask this question

I filed bk 2004 so all of my accts that were included show iib, but lots of them are 30-60-90-120 days late and show this way and when i pull credit reports on my fico late pymts show as a major derog factor..my question is can i goodwill these lates? is there any point in doing this? if they do take them off will it help my score or for accts iib does it even matter? thanks for all info
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Re: not sure how to ask this question

I personally believe that GW letters are what saved my credit. I was 180 days late on both my Chase and Capital One cards I wrote good will letters explaining why I could not pay. They removed every single late payment and reinbursed me for all the charges they put on my account so if you believe you have a good reason for being late it wont hurt to just tell them why. My score jumped from 300 something to 620. It wouldnt hurt to try.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you are looking at your FICO reports, click on each account and when it pops up, what is listed in the "worst delinquency" box?
Message 3 of 7
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

hm worst deliquency box? let me go and check i dont know if i have seen that or paid attention to it b4..
Message 4 of 7
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

heres on sidewinder i dont know if all look like this...

Status as of [?] May, 2008 Date opened [?] Jun, 1999 Date of last activity [?] Jul, 2003 Date paid out [?] Jul, 2003 Date closed [?] Nov, 2003 Account number [?] XXXXXXXXXXXX Loan type [?] Credit Card Credit limit [?] $0 Largest past balance [?] $2,142 Terms [?] Not Reported Account Type [?] Revolving Account Account holder [?] Individual Account Scheduled payment amount [?] Not Reported
Descriptions [?]
  • Dispute resolved—customer disagrees
Balance [?] Current Status [?] Past Due Amount [?] $0 Payment after charge off/collection $0 Seven year payment history [?] 30 days late 0 times 60 days late 0 times 90+ days late 0 times Worst Delinquency [?] None Reported The Worst Delinquency reports the worst missed payment status that has been documented on this account. Your FICO score evaluates how recently that missed payment occurred and in general, the more recent, the more impact it has on your score. However, the fact that it occurred is still predictive of future payment risk and could be considered by your FICO score.
Payment Terms

These are the terms for payments of debt on this account. This may include the minimum payment, how often this payment must be made, and for how long payments must be made.

If you don't make payments according to these terms, then the payment status of the account will not be "current", and the "amount past due" will not be $0, which hurts your FICO® score.

Type of credit extended

This is the type of credit extended in this credit account.

Revolving:an account, usually a credit card, requiring payments of the balance periodically (usually monthly). Additional credit becomes available again when the balance is paid down.

Installment: a loan requiring regular payments (usually monthly) over an arranged period of time.

Mortgage: an installment loan used to finance purchase of a home or real estate or where your home or real estate is used as collateral.

Open (or charge): an account that must be paid in full every period (usually monthly).

Type of business

This is the type of business of the account lender.

Account number

This is the identifying number for the account. To protect your private information, part of the account number is hidden with X's.

Account holder

This describes who is responsible for paying back this account. "Individual" means one person is responsible for this account. "Joint" means two or more people are responsible for this account. This is also known as the "Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA) designator".

Account description

These are additional details about the account reported by the credit bureau. This can include information about the type of the account, and if the account is closed.

Account Contact Information

If available, this is the address and phone number of the lender that is reported to the credit bureau by the lender.

Account status

This is the status of the account itself, such as the account is "Open", "Closed", "Lost or Stolen", "Deferred", and so on.

Date opened

This is the month and year when the account was opened.

Date closed

This is the month and year when the account was closed.

Date of last payment

This is the month and year when the last payment was received for this account.

Date last active

This is the month and year that activity on the account was last reported.

Date paid

This is the month and year when the debt on this account was paid off completely.

Terms of payment

These are the terms of your installment loan and include how often each payment is required (usually monthly), the amount of each payment, how many payments until the loan is completely paid back and any fees or liens associated with late or missed payments.

Scheduled payment amount

The scheduled payment amount due on your mortgage or revolving credit line.

Credit limit

This is the maximum amount of credit available to you on a credit card if the card's balance is paid off.

Largest past balance

This is the maximum balance reported in the history of this account. Also called "high balance" on other credit reports.

Balloon payment

This is the amount and date when your payments will rise, often substantially.

Seven year payment history

This is the number of times late payments were reported on this account over the past 7 years.

30 days late: the number of times this account was reported to be 30 days late

60 days late: the number of times this account was reported to be 60 days late

90+ days late: the number of times this account was reported to be 90 days late (or more)

Worst Deliquency

The Worst Delinquency reports the worst missed payment status that has been documented on this account. Your FICO score evaluates how recently that missed payment occurred and in general, the more recent, the more impact it has on your score. However, the fact that it occurred is still predictive of future payment risk and could be considered by your FICO score.

Recent payment history

This timeline displays the payment status of this account for every month in the most recently reported 24 months.

Balance

This is the most recently reported balance on the account reported by the lender to the credit bureau.

Since most lenders update the balance once a month, it is possible that a balance greater than $0 is reported even if you pay off your balance every month.

If a lender updates the balance more seldom than that, the balance shown here may be several months old.

Current status

This is the current status of payments to the account. If you've paid back all the debt you're obligated to pay back up to now, the payment status is "current".

A status of "30 days late" means that you are more than 30 days late with your most recent payment.

A status of "Charge Off", "Collection", "Foreclosure", "Repossession" means the lender did not receive any payments on this account for some time and took actions to recoup losses. This hurts your FICO® score.

Past due amount

Amount past due is how much debt you are obligated to have paid back at this time, but have not actually paid back.

For example, if you miss a payment to a credit card one month, the amount past due is the credit card's minimum monthly payment.

Loan type

This describes of the type of loan account, such as a credit card or mortgage.

Message 5 of 7
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

now I have another that says different it says90 days late but then it also says iib?? so thats why i'm confused i guess
Message 6 of 7
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

so in my case should i do goodwills or does it matter or will it even make a difference? alot of them are c1 and i know they arent the best about removing stuff
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.