Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not that I'm complaining, but a judgement just vanished from my EQ report

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: not that I'm complaining, but a judgement just vanished from my EQ report

What if a credit app simply asks whether you have any unpaid, delinquent debt?

Message 11 of 15
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

It's never happened yet, but I guess if it does it is a question I will have to answer. If that is the case there is more than that judgement from many years ago that have since fallen off and are way past SOL and at this point I'd be clueless as to how to get that info. Fortunately I've never been asked that, yet.

Message 12 of 15
Jon85
Frequent Contributor

That's really good news!

I don't want to sound negative, but just as a heads up: in most states, if the judgement is unpaid, it can be renewed for up to 10-20 years. So even though it's not on your CR now, the third-party agencies that the CRAs hire to do a sweep of public records could pick it up and it can be reinserted. 

Maybe someone else can chime in if I'm wrong... 

Message 13 of 15
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

thank you all for the warnings, I would not have known at all. For now, at least today, or the next week, I am going to celebrate that it's gone Smiley Happy And see if TU decides to drop it early as well.

Message 14 of 15
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

I found a way to check with EQ directly and it is definitely gone. It appears they definitely decided to delete it early. Perfect timing and I didn't even try!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.