Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

offers from credit karma?

tag
hoang817
Regular Contributor

offers from credit karma?

should i apply for a credit card offers from credit karma??

Untitled-1.png

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: offers from credit karma?

you should apply only on basis of both your needs and your credit profile. ck offers are basically paid advertisements. good luck on your journey to better credit
Message 2 of 5
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

Still consider myself to be a "newbie" around here. Been at this this site since April, read over 10, 000 post, been with creditkarma same amount of time.

I got all excited to see the 724 EQ "Score" at CK, 723 with TU ! Fantastic ....until ...I pulled FICO scores with the same reports !

EQ is right at 150 points less than what CK shows, so, beware of those "recommended cards" , your TRUE scores could be like mine and, that would not set well with a pull ! 

Good luck !

FICO :November 2016
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's just different scoring models Vantage Vs. FICO8 if you found a creditor that uses the vantage model your score would've been what they said. Only about 10% of lenders use this model.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hoang817 wrote:

should i apply for a credit card offers from credit karma??

Untitled-1.png

Is the BK info in your signiture saying you are currently in an open Chapter 13 BK until 2020? If the BK is open I don't see anyone approving a line of credit even if the trustee approved the application. If not in a BK go to Capital One pre-approval site and see if you have a card come up for you.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.