Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old cc

tag
jimc
Regular Contributor

old cc

i had a best buy cc in 06. last activity was mar of 07. best buy sold it too arrow securitiy so now i have 2 people reporting this on my credit report yesterday my score dropped 10pts because arrow sold it too another company now they are on my report. and its saying date open 08/11 **bleep**? it does have the same account number as my best buy cc so its the right card. there should be a law against this this can go on forever is there anything i could do???

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
MS00000000
Regular Contributor

Re: old cc

@jimc wrote:

i had a best buy cc in 06. last activity was mar of 07. best buy sold it too arrow securitiy so now i have 2 people reporting this on my credit report yesterday my score dropped 10pts because arrow sold it too another company now they are on my report. and its saying date open 08/11 **bleep**? it does have the same account number as my best buy cc so its the right card. there should be a law against this this can go on forever is there anything i could do???

Is it the credit account you're referring to, or a collection account? It almost sounds like a collection, and if so I think you can dispute it with the CRAs. 

Message 2 of 9
jimc
Regular Contributor

yes it is a collection account. its also saying date opened 08/11 thats a false date and first reported 11/1/11

Message 3 of 9
jimc
Regular Contributor

LVNV FUNDING LLC  (XXXXXXXXXXXX7817)
Opened: 8/2011

Balance:$1,194Credit limit or largest balance:Not Reported
Past due:$1,194Payment terms:Not Reported
Status:At least 120 days or more than four payments past dueFirst reported:11/1/2011
Portfolio type:Open Account
this is what it said on my credit report
Message 4 of 9
john398
Senior Contributor

might try a PFD letter

Message 5 of 9
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

DV both Arrow and LVNV

What does the rest of your CR say? if it has collection on the account info

then it counts as a collection no matter where it is listed on your reports.

If Arrow no longer owns the account then they can not report that is why you DV them as well

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 6 of 9
jimc
Regular Contributor

arrow is still on my credit report and sold this too lvnv funding which is now on my c/r. arrow is not reporting. everytime this account or any account gets past along  the new c/a reports it on your c/r thats b/s i have bestbuy o/c arrow now lvnv for 1 credit card thats also b/s my score dropped 10pts

Message 7 of 9
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

DV Arrow if they are on your report it is considered reporting

Only 1 OC and 1 CA can report a debt

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 8 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The date-opened for a collection is not a reporting of the date-opened of the associated OC account.  It is the date that the debt collector obtained collection authority, and applies only to the collection they report.

I dont see anything improper in their reporting of their collection date.  It does not reset any reporting dates provided by the OC.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.