Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old cell phone bill?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

old cell phone bill?

I just looked at my TransUnion report and found a collection account for an old T-Mobile account. It is from 2007 can anyone tell how to take care of this in the best possible way. It is mine, and the last payment was made in mid 2007. Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Re: old cell phone bill?

Ascertain the SOL and the DOFD and try to obtain a PFD. If theres any inaccurate information, a DV should be the prior option.
Message 2 of 6
Cinnnamon
New Contributor

Hi! CC!

Have you paid the full bill off and were you still under contact for the amount that was owed ( if any) ? Just trying to understand why would you dispute the bill, if it was yours unless the amount owed is incorrect.  I would figure the best thing to do is make some payment arrangement with the OC or CA, if the account is yours and have it reflect the account has been paid (by a mailed letter from them)and request that account be removed/deleted upon payment of the bill. Get all deals in writing! You don't need a PFD on your credit report, you want it deleted as this could lower your score.Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by Cinnnamon on 04-13-2009 09:38 AM
Message 3 of 6
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

I thought I was pretty clear but let me re-phrase.

Very briefly,

If its an accurate and legitimate CA account -  PFD

If its an inaccurate CA account - dispute.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

ccjammer wrote:
I just looked at my TransUnion report and found a collection account for an old T-Mobile account. It is from 2007 can anyone tell how to take care of this in the best possible way. It is mine, and the last payment was made in mid 2007. Thanks in advance.

Who is reporting, a collection agency or T-Mobile?

You don't talk like you dispute anything about the debt, correct?

If a CA is reporting, have you heard from them?

It appears this is within SOL, but you can PIF, correct?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info. guys. It is a collection agency, and not T-Mobile. No, I am not disputing it. And no, I have not heard from them. Im gonna try to get an FHA loan in Octorber and I want to make sure everything is good before going in. Thanks again everyone. 
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.