cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old collection reporting as newer collection on experian?

tag
MrCrabs
Regular Contributor

old collection reporting as newer collection on experian?

I tried out the truecredit and did the triple pull and noticed an old sprint phone bill from around 06/07 reporting as an 09' account, I have disputed this bill about a year ago and it fell off TU and EQ, but somehow not only did it not fall off EX but the date has been moved up so it still stays on my report! I guess i'll have to dispute again, but now that it fell of the other two I have no reference to when the real collection date actually was. Not sure what to say for a dispute "wrong date/info" or what, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Capital One Platinum | $1,500Discover IT | $1,800Victoria's Secret Angel VIP | $500Citi Secured | $200
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: old collection reporting as newer collection on experian?

@MrCrabs wrote:

I tried out the truecredit and did the triple pull and noticed an old sprint phone bill from around 06/07 reporting as an 09' account, I have disputed this bill about a year ago and it fell off TU and EQ, but somehow not only did it not fall off EX but the date has been moved up so it still stays on my report! I guess i'll have to dispute again, but now that it fell of the other two I have no reference to when the real collection date actually was. Not sure what to say for a dispute "wrong date/info" or what, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The CA has to follow the OCs DoFD, the date that the collection began or the date that they got it does not change the fact that the DoFD was in 06/07, the max time it can report is 7.5 years from the DoFD. I would call the CRA and ask that it be removed early.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.