Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old late payment removal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

old late payment removal

Great information on this site, thanks everyone.

Been doing really good with my credit over the past few years.  I have (2) old accounts that are holding everything back.  Looking for ideas to handle these, other than waiting.

1. Capital1 Credit card with 120 days late - November 2013.  I was an "authorized user" on this account.  I have spoken to them several times asking to not report with no luck.  

Account paid off and closed 2014

Shows up on equifax as OPEN

Shows up on transunion as CLOSED

2. Capital1 credit card with 60 days late - August 2010.  

account paid off and closed 2011

on all 3 credit bureau

Thanks in advance!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: old late payment removal

@Anonymous wrote:

Great information on this site, thanks everyone.

Been doing really good with my credit over the past few years.  I have (2) old accounts that are holding everything back.  Looking for ideas to handle these, other than waiting.

1. Capital1 Credit card with 120 days late - November 2013.  I was an "authorized user" on this account.  I have spoken to them several times asking to not report with no luck.  

Account paid off and closed 2014

Shows up on equifax as OPEN

Shows up on transunion as CLOSED

2. Capital1 credit card with 60 days late - August 2010.  

account paid off and closed 2011

on all 3 credit bureau

Thanks in advance!!

Hi, and welcome to the Forums!

On the first one....youre ONLY an AU, not a joint acct. Go to each CRA, and dispute as NOT YOURS/NOT RESPONSIBLE....

On the second one....(if youre not an AU, and its your acct...), then it will be deleted off your reports 7yrs and 1mo  from the DOFD of the acct.  So, if DOFD was 08/2010, it should gone off reports by September of this year. 

The CRA will do EE though...EQ usually 1-2mo depending, EX 1-3mo, and TU up to 6 mo. 

Hope this helps, and good luck!! Keep us posted on the outcomes!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.