Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old late payments

tag
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

old late payments

I have 2 old late payments from Cap 1 .......1 30 days late and 1 60 day late.....they are over 3 years old should I continue to try to get them deleted; showing up on EQ only......my EQ FICO IS 724.   They happened because of a glitch in the autopay system Cap 1 wouldn't acknowlege this.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: old late payments

@ecxpa wrote:

I have 2 old late payments from Cap 1 .......1 30 days late and 1 60 day late.....they are over 3 years old should I continue to try to get them deleted; showing up on EQ only......my EQ FICO IS 724.   They happened because of a glitch in the autopay system Cap 1 wouldn't acknowlege this.

I would try every few months or so, 30 to 60 day lates past 2 years are not affecting your score that much. If you have not already spoken to the EO I would do so and that is where the GW letters also need to go when you send them.

Message 2 of 3
TURNERHOOVER
Established Contributor

Re: old late payments

@ecxpa wrote:

Why even bother, EQ score seems to be fine regardless of lates. 

EX 727 | EQ 720 | TU 740

FREEDOM 4.5k | BCP 9.5k | DISCOVER 2.5k | ARRIVAL+ 7.5k | RITZ CARLTON 15k
No new Apps till Dec 2016
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.