Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old paid collection account on TU

tag
outofthewoods
Valued Member

old paid collection account on TU

Hi

I have an old collection from asset acceptance on my TU that was paid in oct 97. I know that they can stay up to 7 years. I'm wondering if I send a GW letter to CA asking for removal, think I'd have much luck?

current TU score is 649...looking to reach that magical 700.

thanks in advance

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: old paid collection account on TU

With the account being so old, I don't understand why you have to GW anything. It should have come off and stayed off in Oct 2004, right?  I would dispute directly with TU based on 7 year law.
Message 2 of 4
outofthewoods
Valued Member

I meant Oct 2007...thats when it was paid.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, that changes the whole scenario.  Yes, you will have to send goodwill letters to them and HOPE they will remove it.  Too bad you already paid, or you could do a PFD.  So yes, you are at their mercy.

Read on here for some great GW letters, and other peoples success.  There seems to be a lot of it.  Unfortunately I am one of the few that cannot get GW letters to work for me.  I am sure some of it has to do with the fact I use more local creditors vs. "national" creditors.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.