cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

omg...52 point increase! Also have some questions.

tag
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

omg...52 point increase! Also have some questions.

So, my TU report just shot up 52 points!  2 points shy of my goal!

I knew this was coming...my baddies on TU were due to fall of Feb and March of this year.  Looks like they have!  I haven't felt this good since I got my first credit card!

BUT....

Question number 1...I still have them on EX and EQ.  I can't for the life of me figure out why the same baddies would fall off of TU 2 years earlier then EX and EQ.  Anyone have any idea why?

Question number 2...if I work on GW letters to get everything cleaned up on EX and EQ....is there any chance that the baddies can re-appear on TU and screw everything up?

I've got some cards. Some are pretty, some are ugly. Some are more useful than others.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: omg...52 point increase! Also have some questions.

@toothgrind3r wrote:

I knew this was coming...my baddies on TU were due to fall of Feb and March of this year.  Looks like they have!  I haven't felt this good since I got my first credit card!

BUT....

Question number 1...I still have them on EX and EQ.  I can't for the life of me figure out why the same baddies would fall off of TU 2 years earlier then EX and EQ.  Anyone have any idea why?

Question number 2...if I work on GW letters to get everything cleaned up on EX and EQ....is there any chance that the baddies can re-appear on TU and screw everything up?

@toothgrind3r wrote:

BUT....

Grats Smiley Happy  Drop off date goes by the DOFD, if the other 2 are past 7.5 yrs dispute as obsolete. Once TU deletes old closed out TLs they dont come back.

Message 2 of 3
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

Re: omg...52 point increase! Also have some questions.

@gdale6 wrote:

Grats Smiley Happy  Drop off date goes by the DOFD, if the other 2 are past 7.5 yrs dispute as obsolete. Once TU deletes old closed out TLs they dont come back.

The DoFD's are from 2009....so the 2016 falloff date (on EQ and EX) seems right to me.  Have no idea why TU was 5 years....

Which is why I was a little nervous of, say, sending GW's to, say, Midland (notorious a-holes) and them saying "We will not remove from EX and EQ...and, what?!...oh wow, looks like we should still be reporting to TU for 2 more years too!" and then I re-screw up my TU report!

I've got some cards. Some are pretty, some are ugly. Some are more useful than others.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.