Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

on the road to recovery

tag
jaf4776
Valued Member

on the road to recovery

So I wanted to thank everyone on this forum for all of the valuable information.  In just a few short weeks I have been able to raise my credit score as well as my husband’s credit score.  We are in the process of trying to buy a house and we are both trying to overcome some seriously poor financial decisions in our pasts.  Here is what I looked like at the start:

2 student loans in collections totaling $30K.

1 paid charge off with first premier

1 paid judgement with capital one

1 collection account with midland credit for $811

After settling the student loans I was able to get the collection agency/attorney to remove accounts from all 3 bureaus.  Due to statute of limitations (reporting) I have been able to get first premier off two of my credit reports (disputing with Equifax).. I am still trying to fight midland because they have refused to validate this debt stating I didn’t request it within the 30 day of their initial communication.  I do have 2 new credit cards (with high utilization) and a student loan for $28K In good standing.  All in all I have been able to raise my fico score on all 3 bureaus to the mid 600s.  I started well under 600.. 

As for my husband.  He started with:

1 judgement from capital one

1 c/o with chase for $2k

1 collection with hsbc for $1060

1 capital one collection $991

1 collection with LVNV for $730

After disputing information with all 3 credit bureaus I have been able to get HSBC, Captial one and LVNV removed from all 3.  Chase is now reporting as a paid c/o.  His fico scores have jumped to 667 and above as he has no current debt.

Just wanted to share my story as all of your help has been so crucial.  A little persistence and some hard work is all it takes!  We have a long way to go but we are on the right path..

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: on the road to recovery

Bravo keep hammering away at the baddies and you will be in the home before you know it 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.