cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one CA with multiple collections, send one PFD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

one CA with multiple collections, send one PFD?

I am planning on sending  PFD via email to Profesisonal Credit Services who I have multuple collections with. These are rather small, 2 from bounced checks ($100+$120) and one medical ($80). I was wondering if anyone had any advice around writing 3 separate PFD letters or sending one letter with the total amount owed to the CA and listing the account numbers. 

Also shot in the dark, but if anyone has had success with getting a PFD from Professsional Credit please share your experience! 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: one CA with multiple collections, send one PFD?

Have you tried just disputing the accounts with the CRA's? In my experience they have deleted multiple collection accounts less than $1000 for me just by a simple dispute

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I've disputed with them and they have validated the debt. I have gotten a few others removed via disputes which were nice. It's just annoying since these list as 3 separte collections on my report. If I can get these removed then I will have only 2 more baddies left to fight. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

By validation you mean you disputed with the collection agencies and they have provided you with debt validation? Or you disputed with the credit bureaus and it came back as "verified"? I found it much easier to dispute with the credit bureaus rather than the collections agencies
Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Personally, I would go for the single letter.

Linkage involving multiple accounts could be a positive factor in the debt collector's decision to accept.

However, keep in mind your right under FDCPA 810 should they attempt to direct which accounts payments are credited to:

"FDCPA 810.  Multiple debts

If any consumer owes multiple debts and makes any single payment to any debt collector with respect to such debts, such debt collector may not apply such payment to any debt which is disputed by the consumer and, where applicable, shall apply such payment in accordance with the consumer's directions."

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.