Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one more GW letter, please critique

tag
remethy
New Contributor

one more GW letter, please critique

this one's for my mortgage - my biggest negative and one I know will take a long time to overcome.  : (  I know the letter is  too long but am struggling with how to make it shorter but still keep the story clear.  Any suggestions?????

Dear xxxxx

I am writing to you regarding my home mortgage, account #          .   First let me state that I am not writing to dispute this account in any way.  My mortgage became delinquent in August of 2012, due to an unexpected pay cut at work.  I applied for a loan modification but was denied.  I missed two payments before beginning to make payments again in October of 2012.  I am relieved to tell you that I have now paid in full to catch up the delinquent amount, and will be able to continue making full payments on time going forward.

My account was 60 days behind when I began paying again in October.  In November, I made a payment by phone which did not go through because of an error.  Apparently the customer service representative misheard me or wrote down my checking account number incorrectly, and the payment did not go through.  This caused my account to be 90 days late.  When I found out about the error, I made two full payments in December 2012, to bring the account back to 60 days late.  I have continued to make monthly payments since then.

Because of the error entering my payment in November, my maximum delinquency on this account is now listed as 90 days.  I am writing to ask if there is any way for this one 90 day late to be removed from my credit reports.  I made a good faith attempt to pay as I was trying to keep my account from becoming any more delinquent than it was.  If not for the clerical error with my account number, a full month’s payment would have been made in November as it was in October and December through the present.

I know that it was entirely my fault this loan became delinquent.  I am deeply relieved to have been able to bring the account current as I am not one not to pay my debts and this has been weighing on me.   My work situation has greatly improved and there will be no problem in making my payments in the future.  I look forward to being a faithful customer and paying on time every month. 

I realize that you are obligated to report accurate information to the credit bureaus.  However, Section 623.a.7.e of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) states that you do in fact have the authority to remove negative, yet accurate information from a credit file if you choose.  The FCRA just requires any information that you do report to be accurate.  If there is any way that the 90 day late status from November could be removed from my credit history, you would have my deepest appreciation. 

Starting Score: EQ 539
Current Score: EQ 648, TU 617, EXP 623
Goal Score: 700 by 2/2014

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
remethy
New Contributor

Re: one more GW letter, please critique

bump.....anyone?  thoughts?

Starting Score: EQ 539
Current Score: EQ 648, TU 617, EXP 623
Goal Score: 700 by 2/2014

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.