Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

online or mailing a dispute to cba

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

online or mailing a dispute to cba

i need to contact one of the cba i was wounder from people that have disputed a collection with the cba. is it better to do this via mail or online. i have copies of letters i need to send them justifying why i wanted something removed. Any advice would be appriciated. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

Re: online or mailing a dispute to cba

Since you have documentation, I definitely recommend mail.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

thx for the advice i wasent sure if online gave you a option to upload attachements.

Message 3 of 6
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Personally I would go online. The process is quicker, and you know that the process has started. While starting the dispute process, each CRA should allow you to upload any documents that you have supporting your case. I have done a disute in this fashion, uploading necessary documentation as well, and it went very smoothly.

Message 4 of 6
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

I too have had success with online disputes.  However sending in a dispute vial mail assures it will be reviewed by a human.  e-Oscar is something to be avoided if possible, IMHO.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would dispute via mail if you have any supporting documentation or arguments that you wish forwarded with your dispute.

What is the inaccuracy in their reporting, and what is your supporting documentation?

Better yet, you may wish to forgo disputing via the CRA and consider sending a direct dispute to the debt collector.

Direct disputes ensure all documentation and arguments are received by the furnishr of the disputed information, and requires the results to be reported directly to you.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.