Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

onward and upward!

tag
jugstore
Valued Member

onward and upward!

Long story short:  derped my credit in undergrad and got charged off + 2 collections in 2006-2009.   I signed up for the Emblem card to carry the charge off balance as a credit card. I got my Orchard starter card in 2010 with a credit score in the 500's.  Since then I've been meticulous about on time, every time, and watched my score grow with credit karma.  Currently reporting at just over 700.

I've been getting prescreened offers in the mail and figured that was a sign I was more creditworthy so I decided to app one of the letters.  Discover IT apped and approved!  So I tried another and went with Citi Simplicity.  approved!  I gave it another go and tried Chase Freedom.  Approved!

On time, every time.  And just plain ol' time got me to where I am today.  

The excitement is different from when I got my CapitalPunishment card in 2006.  The excitement comes from finally knowing what to do with it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gardening since 5-2014
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: onward and upward!

@jugstore wrote:

Long story short:  derped my credit in undergrad and got charged off + 2 collections in 2006-2009.   I signed up for the Emblem card to carry the charge off balance as a credit card. I got my Orchard starter card in 2010 with a credit score in the 500's.  Since then I've been meticulous about on time, every time, and watched my score grow with credit karma.  Currently reporting at just over 700.

I've been getting prescreened offers in the mail and figured that was a sign I was more creditworthy so I decided to app one of the letters.  Discover IT apped and approved!  So I tried another and went with Citi Simplicity.  approved!  I gave it another go and tried Chase Freedom.  Approved!

The excitement is different from when I got my CapitalPunishment card in 2006.  The excitement comes from finally knowing what to do with it.

Congrats keep up the good work you're on your way

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 7
hopingsoon
Regular Contributor

Congrats! You give me hope. I just signed up for the Emblem card so I have awhile to go.

btw do you remember how long it took to get your Emblem? I got a letter saying it is on the way but that was 20 days ago already. It's been about a month since I signed up for it.

Starting Score: FAKOs EQ 537 TU 497 EX 517
Current Score 7/11/13: FICOs EQ 650 TU 659 EX 655
Goal Score: 675 Who am I kidding? Goal Score: 750+ Smiley Happy

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

how do you apply for the emblem card..
CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 4 of 7
jugstore
Valued Member

The Emblem card is offered by whatever CA had my account after Cap1 and NCO Financial.  It's not something you app for and I signed up through the CA before I started reading these forums.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gardening since 5-2014
Message 5 of 7
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Congratulations!!!!!   Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 6 of 7
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

@jugstore wrote:

I like that name! Congrats on the approvals.

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.