cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

open to advice thank you family!

tag
timrabara

open to advice thank you family!

Hello I am trying to rebuild my credit, i need help on how to do this low utilization thing and also when to apply for credit etc

My first card was a secured cap one and I have now made 22 payments and just recently i have been paying in full and now have a 0 balance reporing on all CR.

I woke up one morning and my CL went from 200-750 UNSECURED! I was like WHAT!!!! I need to go charge something to make sure, WELL IT WORK!!!

So First Premier sent me an offer and I took not knowing how to rebuild or was thinking I want to rebuild THEN After I used I found out the hard way IM GETTING Charged everything..SO NOW i have somewhat of a balance about 50% over. THis is the only one my CR that shows I have A HIGH UTILZATION. After reading these forums IM GOING TO pay these down QUICK and maybe close it before AF

Next I got me A BOA PARTIAL 99/500 SECURED CARD IN MAR and have been paying weekly payments keeping everything low. I was wondering if anyone knew how to get the CLI on this one and when to ask, since this card is a prime lender, I FEEL THIS IS GONNA TAKE ME WHERE I NEED TO GO THE 700's 

I went crazy after I FOUND OUT THAT I WAS APPROVED FOR MACYS 600, CHEVRON 500., WAL MART 500,. AMAZON 500, PAY PAL SMART 500

I used these to about to 15% of limit and will pay when statements come out. 

THE NEGATIVES.

I Have one public record falling off in sept 2014 

I have 2 out of 5 collections coming off in June 2014. 

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE ONCE WE GET INTO THOSE MONTHS AND IS MY SCORE GOING TO GO UP AFTER THE PR FALLS OFF..

Currently 

THIS IS WHERE I AM AT 

TU-623

EQ-600

EX 631

INQ 28 (LOL) I KNOW I NEED TO STOP

PLEASE ANY ADVICE WILL HELP

Timelines suggestions and please HOW DO I GET CLIS on these cards like everyone here. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: open to advice thank you family!

Quit applying for credit and garden what you have.

Avoid garbage cards like Credit One and First Premier.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 2 of 8
timrabara

I Know I got a little trigger happy. QQ what is garden mean and also AAoA and should I close the FIRST PREMIER ASAP

Message 3 of 8
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Garden-Club-Meeting-May-2014/td-p/3063122

Too late to close FP... Might as well keep it open for a while.
FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 4 of 8
timrabara

thanks so much

I AM OFFICIALLY ENTERING THE GARDEN...

From here on im going to pay my cards and stay on track and in about 12-14 months lets see what happens

Thanks

for your help

Message 5 of 8
stephluquin
New Visitor

Me too!!! Thanks for the tips Rabara!

Message 6 of 8
Season79
Contributor

For the collections that fall off in June 2014, you can contact the CA's now and ask for early deletion, all 3 will do it. Just have to talk with the right people. Good luck!

Message 7 of 8
timrabara

Ok i just Checked EX and they are gone as well the PR . EQ and TU still show..WHO DO I ASK FOR ON THE Early deletion when I call TU and EQ

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.