Mega Contributor
LS2982

Re: opensky secured

dalasdon wrote:

so from the looks of it, the opensky secured card seems like the best option for getting a secured credit card.  i mean there is no credit check, you can make additional deposits to have cli, and it reports to all 3 bureaus, along with just reporting as cc, not secured.  thoughts?

Since this card is not available, I would recommend Cap1. reports to all 3 bureaus, easy to work with and gets your foot in the door for unsecured.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Regular Contributor
PapasWifey

LS2982 wrote:

dalasdon wrote:

so from the looks of it, the opensky secured card seems like the best option for getting a secured credit card.  i mean there is no credit check, you can make additional deposits to have cli, and it reports to all 3 bureaus, along with just reporting as cc, not secured.  thoughts?

Since this card is not available, I would recommend Cap1. reports to all 3 bureaus, easy to work with and gets your foot in the door for unsecured.

I would also recommend Cap 1 secured if able to be approved, however the Open Sky Card IS still available. The website is www.openskycc.com

Starting Score: 576 EQ 1-12-13
Current Score: 588 EQ 2-3-13
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Burned2manybridgesB4

@ Lois:

FProg hit your report? Was it a HP, or SP?

I had applied for this card back in Nov '11, and it did no checks whatsoever.

Guessing they're getting pickier, as their popularity is increasing.

I do vouch for this card's value though. Better terms, as compared to the

Opensky (not nickle/diming you to death with the small things, like $3 mailed statements).

Anyone pushing the opensky obviously needs to take the time to read the cardholder agreement

Coming from a mid 500's mean avg, already with a car loan (almost 1 yr old when app'd in Nov), it

has helped jack my score up by PIF, and I've gotten the preapproval/app/HP approval for the Cap One cash card (avg cred version)

in the beginning of March, and helped me to get a low end Disc More card (just a few days ago).

Gotta start somewhere, just as long as you keep your eye on the destination.

RIP: AxHH (11-25-14)

Frequent Contributor
Lois5669

Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

@ Lois:

FProg hit your report? Was it a HP, or SP?

It was a HP but only on EX.

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}