cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

other secured CCs w/no hard pull?

tag
novabama
Frequent Contributor

Re: st Re: other secured CCs w/no hard pull?

Thanks!

Message 11 of 13
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

Re: st Re: other secured CCs w/no hard pull?

I wouldn't worry about inquiries. It was this time last year that I started my journey by planning what I was going do do based on hours of reading here. Inquries when rebuilding your credit are not that big a deal. I can confirm this because nobody but Capital One has denied me for too many and that was for an Auto Loan not credit cards because they have given me line increases before and after that letter.

I apply based on what others with similar credit problems and FICO scores have. That has worked 90% of the time, I've only been denied for a SDFCU unsecured card and a Sears Store card.

I just applied and was approved for a Logix Platium card with a small $500 limit. No additional pulls required, they recently approved the re-finance of my car. Most Credit Unions offer additional products based on a single hard pull.

I am slowing moving out of my secured cards into unsecured mainstream cards, it takes additional inquries sorry.

Message 12 of 13
novabama
Frequent Contributor

Re: other secured CCs w/no hard pull?

thanks for the info. i have spent weeks reading this site total for the first time around, but i didnt have the means to fund secured cards a few years ago when I removed all those baddies and now i do, so i am back here again, but this time for the purpose of rebuilding. i have pretty much figured the cards ill get. ive decided two cu with $300 limit, one is on its way already. a couple paychecks from now, i plan to fund the $500 minimum with SDFCU.

I have $9000 in student loans. and the one repo, and that is basically it. I am waiting for my consolidation to post to the CRs and see what my scores look like then. they had lates on 7 different accounts ( one was like a $14 balance. ridiculous) from when i had no idea they were even due or reporting late because id moved and was ignorant to student loan debt repayment, but i have consolidated them into 3 loans with better interest rates. its all working out now so hopefully im on my way! its just going to take time for everything to update. patience is not my greatest virtue lol
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.