cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

out of country CA

tag
tigerlilly9

out of country CA

I have a couple of questions.  I received a call from a CA this morning about a utility account that is anywhere from 15 to 16 years old, definitely not within SOL.  My first question is should I  send them a C& D letter or DV letter?  Also how many times a day can they call you?  They have called 5x this morning already and it's only 10 am.  When I spoke with them to get address and account info I was informed that they are actually located in India ( Aegis Receivable Management).  So my third question is what laws apply to them?  They gave a California address to send correspondence to.  Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: out of country CA

It doesn't matter if their call center is in India.  The usual rules apply to them--it's an American company, and they have to abide by the laws of our country and your state.

Your state might have rules about acceptable hours to call, but those rules go by state.

If you don't intend to pay it, then there's no need for a DV.  A cease and desist letter is a good option.  Be sure to look for the dunning letter that should be coming in the next few days.  If you don't get it, then it's a violation.

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn't matter if their call center is in India.  The usual rules apply to them--it's an American company, and they have to abide by the laws of our country and your state.

Your state might have rules about acceptable hours to call, but those rules go by state.

If you don't intend to pay it, then there's no need for a DV.  A cease and desist letter is a good option.  Be sure to look for the dunning letter that should be coming in the next few days.  If you don't get it, then it's a violation.

Message 2 of 5
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Send out a C&D letter as soon as possible. They are gonna keep calling you and sending out letters to you all the time. They will try threats and harassment. You can offer a payment at your convinience.
Message 3 of 5
tigerlilly9

Thanks so much for the quick responses.  I have time to get the letter out in today's mail.  Should I send it regular or does it need to CRRR?

Thanks again!

Message 4 of 5
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

cmrrr
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.