Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

over drafting checking account

tag
chazjan
Contributor

over drafting checking account

Didn't want to hijack another thread but should or can an over drafted checking account post to your credit report.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: over drafting checking account

It definitely shows on your ChexSystems record, BTW you can get a free annual report from them also!

I had $79 outstanding balance on my old account that didn’t even know, till I tried to open a new account and had to pay it.

I would think if the balance is too high and they send it to collection then it would show on CR.

Message 2 of 5
chazjan
Contributor

This is still with the original bank no collections.  When I discovered I owed them I  paid what they told me (later reported it as a settlement) this was way back from august 2008.  Now they report derogatory paid for less than full with 42 late payments.  I have disputed and sent GW to them so many times and yet they still report.  I didn't even remember owing them my bank got sold after my account was closed and apparently  the new bank decided to report.  They didn't even know how to find my account this 

Is a hot mess and just won't go away.  

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes an overdraft checking account is at the discretion of bank to decide where it is reported.

Did you check TeleCheck & EWS? they too may have your information.

I would suggest disputing first with CRA's & then complaining via OCC and federal Reserve; what will happen is you will get a response from the bank that they are genuinely correct about reporting but in fact they will not respond to Chex/EWS and that way its deleted off chexSystems.

Same can happen with CRA's; I can say i have had success doing that. NO CFPB/State Attorney office complaints; just federal reserve & OCC

Message 4 of 5
chazjan
Contributor

Thanks for the advice I will do just that.  I don't think I have any bad marks in chex  systems I've opened a few accounts lately but yes will follow up

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.