New Visitor
footballmomnj

over my head

lately i have been in a slump our income has dropped and i was looking to open a loan account to pay off my debts. but  i have been denied. my credit score was in the mid700's and now it is the high 600's. i never missd a payment and always paid on time. I just dont know what to do. i feel i cant keep my head above.

Regular Contributor
gordonbs

Re: over my head

If income has dropped:

Reduce spending and/or
Increase income.

Simple economics, not trying to be mean.

Try looking at your full household budget. Almost everyone spends on 'wants' that can be cut back on. Those morning coffees/lattes, cable/satellite TV, name brand food items, salon trips, vacation trips, too much house/car for income, etc.

Consider a 2nd/3rd job.

It can be done, might need some belt tightening though.
6/16/08 EQ-632
8/1/08 TU-717 EQ-690 EX-696
9/6/08 EQ-711
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: over my head

Ditto to gordon...also check what caused your scores to drop. If you didn't miss a payment, then you must be at a high utilization.

And I know the situation isn't fun. I'm in the same boat not with some slow receivable where I haven't been paid since Independence Day weekend. My savings is going away.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}