New Contributor

ox publishing

have anyone used them to raise their scores and who does they report too

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: ox publishing

I have read about them but don't know if they are legit or not.  From what I read they only report to EX.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

They report to the other two, they do NOT report to EX.  I have an account.  It did raise my score, but I got it to counteract something I knew would lower it, so I can't really tell you how much. I'll tell you this much that I've learned from other forums.  Most people choose the option to pay for it incrementally.  Pay it on time, they're set up like any other creditor.  If you pay it 60 days late, expect to see that on your report too.

Message 3 of 12
cwil31
New Contributor

if u dont mind me asking, how many points did your score increase and r u saying they report to transunion and experian

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't mind, but I can't really come up with an exact answer because I closed a credit line at the same time.

But anyway, within one reporting period it went up 29 points... But the assumption it was pulled down some because of the closed account. (It was an account that had no balance, had been paid off for a while)

Message 5 of 12
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

and what to you have to do to get a reporting line of credit with them?

Thanks

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 6 of 12
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

They are an e-book company, so dont deliver hard consumer products.  They may not even offer any products a consumer wants.

Their thing is to offer you an account, of course at an up-front fee, and then open an acount with  CL of from $2.5-25K.

They then report this CL to one or more CRAs giving you a FICO boost.  Your credit with them is only good for their products.

I know of no legal action against them, and it really is kinda a smart scheme. But they are not really selling publishing products, they are selling FICO CL boosts.

Just like AU accounts were once widely sold on the net to third parties, and were clamped down upon, I predict that this FICO scheme will soon burst.

Message 7 of 12
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

Their Fees:
$5,000 Charge My Card $195 Today
Plus, I agree to make 5 payments of $20 and that payments WILL NOT BE automatically charged to my credit/debit card.

$10,000 Charge My Card $495 Today

Plus, I agree to make 5 payments of $40 and that payments WILL NOT BE automatically charged to my credit/debit card.
IMHO I think I would rather take the $495 and do some PFD's
But to each his own

Message 8 of 12
cwil31
New Contributor

what about usa plantinum

Message 9 of 12
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

99% of merchadise cards report to PRBC and not one of the 3 major CRA's they used to have the below listed on all their sites but I am guessing since it may have cost them customers not reporting to at least on of the biggies they have removed it and now just say they belong to a CRA.

Always read the small print Smiley Happy

IMHO I would steer clear of Merchandise cards as well

We report your credit line and payments to PRBC, a national credit bureau, which may improve your credit score

and the below was copied directly from the PRBC website:

Make Better Decisions Using PRBC Reports

PRBC (Payment Reporting Builds Credit) is a national credit bureau that captures consumers' history of paying rent, utility, and other recurring bills that aren't reported to traditional bureaus.

Hope all this info helps

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.