Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pLs HeLp Me!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

pLs HeLp Me!!!

Before I was 18 my credit was already bad!, I paid off a lot of the debt. I then got a couple credit cards because I thought I was going to build my credit. That was not the case, I was very young and irresponsible with my little bit of money. at the age 19 I was diagnosed with cancer and underwent chemo for 2 years a which time I was unable to pay my bills. Everything went down hill!!!!

I am now doing better, I'm working 2 full time jobs unfortunately. I really wish I could work less and focus on my education. And I also want my credit to be much higher, its currently about 470 I mean 430.

Please give me some good steps to really improving my credit. I know its going to be along road ahead. And please tell me how long does it take for your score to go up. Should I get some credit cards already have 1. And pls keep in mind I also want to be prepared for any health issues I might have

Thank you so much!! Candy BSmiley Indifferent

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
msdraglox
Regular Contributor

Re: pLs HeLp Me!!!

I am glad to hear that you are doing better. To better help you we need to know what kind of bad things you have on your report. I would list the Creditor, the amount, and current status. Once you do that I think you will get alot of responses on how to deal with it.
Started at 586 EQ and 604 TU in 8/2009
565 EQ Oct 09
614 EQ Dec 09
624 EQ Feb 10 ---604 TU Jan 10
643 EQ March 10 --from lender
Current 573 TU (myfico) 632 EQ (from lender) Jan 11
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: pLs HeLp Me!!!

My advice would be:

1) Read the various links below and the other stickies at the top of this board.

2) Pull all 3 reports directly from the CRA. See the free annual reports link below, if you haven't already gotten your free ones.

3) Make some sort of spreadsheet of your negative items. Matching up OC and CA, listing important information- DOLA, DOFD, Amount, etc

4) Determine your state's SOL and indicate on your spreadsheet if that SOL has expired or not

5) For any account you are unsure of how to handle, post specifics about the account, without providing sensitive or personal information. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.