Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paid charge off question

tag
gagum129
Regular Contributor

paid charge off question

I just paid off a charge off account I had with First Savings Credit Card. I had tried sending a goodwill letter to get them to  delete the charge off if I paid in full. I also tried to negotiate with the rep I talked to on the phone to delete account or remove negatives. I am pretty new to this and am trying to get my credit cleaned up. Is there anything else I might try that I might not have thought of? This was a legitimate charge off. I ran into some medical bills and such and got behind. This account was charged off about a year ago but never went to a collection agency. I have been making payments for the last year and finally paid off today. Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Starting Score: 582
Current Score:
Equifax 684 MyFico 10/10/11
Transunion 659 lender pull 7/6/11
Experian 690 lender pull 7/6/11

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: paid charge off question

@gagum129 wrote:

I just paid off a charge off account I had with First Savings Credit Card. I had tried sending a goodwill letter to get them to  delete the charge off if I paid in full. I also tried to negotiate with the rep I talked to on the phone to delete account or remove negatives. I am pretty new to this and am trying to get my credit cleaned up. Is there anything else I might try that I might not have thought of? This was a legitimate charge off. I ran into some medical bills and such and got behind. This account was charged off about a year ago but never went to a collection agency. I have been making payments for the last year and finally paid off today. Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Congratulations on the pay off. It's always a good feeling to get rid of debt no matter what the circumstances are. You are indeed fortunate that this never went to collections because that would have been an additional major derogatory.

All you can do now is to step up a GW campaign to get the lates and the CO entry itself removed. It sounds like First Savings is being stubborn but that's not unusual. Try GW letters to different people in the company. How you would find out their names I don't know.

GW's often work but there are no guarantees. I wish you well in this effort. If you are successful please post the results so that others might learn how you did it.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 3
gagum129
Regular Contributor

Re: paid charge off question

Thank you. I found two different addresses for them with some contact info. Two letters will be going out this week. I will definitely post any success that I may have on this account.

Starting Score: 582
Current Score:
Equifax 684 MyFico 10/10/11
Transunion 659 lender pull 7/6/11
Experian 690 lender pull 7/6/11

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.