cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paid judgement changed to abstract judgement now what????

tag
traveler2005
Established Contributor

paid judgement changed to abstract judgement now what????

Sent an MOV to equifax on a paid judgement, they changed status from paid judgement to abstract judgement, what does this mean?  Resulted in 16 point loss.  What do I do now?  I was just notified by SW, Haven't received anything by mail yet Sent MOV about 15 days ago.  

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: paid judgement changed to abstract judgement now what????

Beats me, as an abstract of a judgment is the summary of the court holdings in a judgment.  It appears they are telling you that they verified by looking only at the judgment, when that apparently was not your issue.

Did the judgment creditor ever submit a notice of satisfaction of the judgment to the court?  Did they then follow through on their statutory obligation to maintain the accuracy of their reporting by notifying the CRA that the debt was satisfied?

If so, the currrent status should reflect a satisfied judgment.

I would assume that whatever current status is reporting was provided by the judgment creditor, and send them a direct dispute of the accuracy of their reporting of the status of the judgment, which should be satisfied.

Message 2 of 4
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Robert 

The judgement was reporting as satisified, when I sent the MOV, the CRA changed it to Abstract judgement resulting in a 16 point loss, haven't got anything in mail yet,

Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 3 of 4
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Previously reportedNewly reported
Court:PENNINGTON CTY CLERK OF COURTPENNINGTON CTY CLERK OF COURT
Customer number:  
Case number:  
Amount:$942$942
Defendant:  
Description:Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in process
Not Reported

So this is what happened when I sent equifax a MOV,  credit score down 16 points, haven't received anything in mail. This was under my score watch, when I look at it on my report it reports as being paid, so I am not sure why the score dropped.  Can anyone tell me what I need to do now. Thank you in advance.

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.