Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paid judgement removed this easy? wow

tag
hitch345
Valued Member

paid judgement removed this easy? wow

I have a paid judgement from 2009 on my report currently.  I had read previously that a judgement could not be vacated or removed in TN.  I just found this on the Davidson County Clerks website in the FAQs.

QHow can I get a judgment removed from my credit report?
AIf the Clerk's record reflects that the judgment is paid in full, we can provide a "Credit Bureau letter" for the cost of $5.00 that you will mail to all three credit bureaus. There is no longer a local credit bureau. All three credit bureaus are out of state. Please click the following link for Credit Bureau address information.

I plan on calling Monday morning to see what the skinny is, but wanted to see if anyone else has had any experience with something like this.  I'm kinda excited, but also not going to get my hopes up cause it is probably to good to be true.  

Starting Score: 495 Oct 2013
Current Score: 685 Jan 2015 FICO EQ
Goal Score: (Old 680) New Goal of 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
hitch345
Valued Member

Re: paid judgement removed this easy? wow

Update- After a couple of phone calls, it seems that it might actually be this easy to get the paid judgement removed from my CR.  The clerk I spoke with looked up my file and said that my is showing as paid (which I knew) and that I will get a notorized letter of deletion from the Davidson County Clerks office to mail to the CRBs for $5.  I am going to pick it up tomorrow!

Starting Score: 495 Oct 2013
Current Score: 685 Jan 2015 FICO EQ
Goal Score: (Old 680) New Goal of 720

Message 2 of 5
songsofexperience
Frequent Contributor

I hope this works! I wish it were that easy everywhere! I'm about to pay off a judgment and I called the clerk's office. They said I needed to ask the attorney for the other side about it. I suspect I got someone who didn't really know too much.

Good luck and keep us updated!

Starting Score: 2/2013 EQ 535
Current Score My Fico: 5/23 EQ 808| EX 812 | TU 800
Message 3 of 5
tfkallday
Frequent Contributor

Wow simply amazing.  Good luck please keep us posted

Starting Score April 2013: 556
Current Score March 2014: 682
Goal Score Soon (-: 700

Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Sounds promising good luck Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.