Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paid loans falling off?

tag
superdad
Regular Contributor

paid loans falling off?

I have about 7 paid never late personal loans and a couple auto loans from a credit union on my credit report. These go back to 2007 and 2009.  How long will these stay on my CR?  Are they hurting now? or will they hurt when they fall off?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: paid loans falling off?

Exclusion of reporting under the FCRA applies only to reported adverse information, not to other information that is not adverse.

Thus, there are no provisions of the FCRA that would lead to removal of paid accounts that had no derogs.

The CRAs have an internal housekeeping policy of deletion of accounts when they reach approximately 10 years after the account is closed.

That is not regulated, and their actual dates of removal can vary widely.  I have seen anecdotal posts here in the forum that report such deletions as early as 8-9 years after closure, and as late as 15 years.  It is not regulated, but normally occurs at approx ten years after account closure.

The effect of removal of closed accounts is loss of their age in calculation of your average age of accounts, and possibly your oldest tradeline.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.