Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pay afni or ATT?

tag
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

pay afni or ATT?

Im trying to help my mom improve her credit and Ive been really good at getting pfd's.

However , afni wont budge.

If my goal is deletion , whats the best course of action , pay ATT or pay Afni or is there a better solution?

Its only 2 years old BTW so its fairly new.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: pay afni or ATT?

I presume that the OC has also reported derogs?

If so, a PFD to them related to their own reporting is a backup plan.

Message 2 of 4
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

AT & T doesnt report to bureaus so no.

Afni bought it from them but they wont do a pfd

Ive called At&t and they will take payment but they just said they will update the information to afni.

Im just trying to figure out whats the best way of getting a deletion or if anyone has had any success with them.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lionsfan20 wrote:

AT & T doesnt report to bureaus so no.

Afni bought it from them but they wont do a pfd

Ive called At&t and they will take payment but they just said they will update the information to afni.

Im just trying to figure out whats the best way of getting a deletion or if anyone has had any success with them.

AFNI didn't buy it, its only assigned to them for collection, otherwise ATT would have been able to accept payment from you. This is typical of what they do. About every 6 months or so they will cycle it to the next collector on their list if AFNI does not collect anything. This may give you a window of opportunity when the next collector contacts you. Pay them immediately *before* they report it, and make sure they agree not to report at all for prompt payment. If AFNI is still on your report at that point you can dispute for 'collector does not have collection authority on this account'.

Thats assuming its a relatively small amount that you are not likely to be sued for of course.

I got my DirecTV collection removed this way.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.