Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pay to delete letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

pay to delete letter

I recently found a great pay to delete example letter on this site to send to a collection agency. I sent them the letter and they sent me back a statement saying they will settle for less than what I owe. They do not mention the letter I sent. I am think of just sending them a modified version of the lettler I wrote with a check basically stating If they deposit my check they must delete the account from the credit bureau. Can I do that? and If they don't delete I'm assuming I can go to the credit bureau with my letter? thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: pay to delete letter

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently found a great pay to delete example letter on this site to send to a collection agency. I sent them the letter and they sent me back a statement saying they will settle for less than what I owe. They do not mention the letter I sent. I am think of just sending them a modified version of the lettler I wrote with a check basically stating If they deposit my check they must delete the account from the credit bureau. Can I do that? and If they don't delete I'm assuming I can go to the credit bureau with my letter? thanks for the help!

One never sends a CA or JDB a personal check, certified funds or CC only, you will be handing them your bank account info with a check. Would not matter if they cashed the check and didnt delete been lots of case law on this, its like putting on back of check "cashing this constitutes payment in full" the creditor can still come after you for any further monies owed. Send the PFD with no money at all, you dont pay until you have an agreement.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: pay to delete letter

thanks for the advice!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.