Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paying down to "0"???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

paying down to "0"???

Quick question....

I've been reading people been suggesting to have at least 3 CC and with a mixed Credit in the report.  With that being said people recommended to pay off CC to "0" balance 2 of 3 CC correct and the 3rd card leave a small balance to carry it over.

Right now I have 3 capital one and 1 kay jeweler store card.

My question to you guys is last month I paid off 2 of my CC card down to "0" balance and I left about 5% on 1 of them to carried over my balance.  Does I paid down to "0" balance on the SAME card that I paid to "0" balace or do I paid of the other one and leave the 2 i paid off at a small balace?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: paying down to "0"???

I do not believe it matters which one you let report a balance. But it IS important that all three of those Cap One cards get used. Cap One likes lots of usage with little or no balances carried over - they will give you good credit limit increases that way.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks

I do beleived you on that one.  Cap one gave me $300 limit and after 5months with heavy used, paying off and leave little balace Cap one increase my limit to $1300 on both of my card.  Im happy with them and they been reporting every month on time from day one.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it's good to fluctuate the cards that report to show that you use each card. If not doesn't it just look like you don't use them?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.