cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paying off collection , not guaranteed deletion. hoping for the best.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

paying off collection , not guaranteed deletion. hoping for the best.

i have a collection for a loan i borrowed 2 years ago.   went to collections with AD Astra.  well anyways i realized that if i can take this one off,  i would only have one collections left (broken lease) and it wont look as bad on my CR.    talked to the girl asked her if she can delete if i paid in full.  she said lets make a payment first.   i dont have the money, so im using another card to pay it off  i have till the 11th of march to pay it off and she will see in getting it deleted.    so im hoping for the best paying off this loan.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
wa3more
Established Contributor

Re: paying off collection , not guaranteed deletion. hoping for the best.

don't do anything until you have the agreeement in writing first. The damage to credit is already done whether paid in full or settled. See if you can deal with original creditor.

If the original creditor is reporting the account, the CA will not be able to have that removed.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

ive tried to to get them to agree. they will not.  and reading on these forums, every one has said the same for Ad Astra collection company.     from what ive read here they can take it off my credit report but its if they want too.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

ive tried to to get them to agree. they will not.  and reading on these forums, every one has said the same for Ad Astra collection company.     from what ive read here they can take it off my credit report but its if they want too.

How old is it? If the debt is yours, you should pay it either way. A ZERO balance on a collection looks better upon manual review if you should ever try and do a recon.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.