Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment posted a day late 20 poit plunge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

payment posted a day late 20 poit plunge

Help, I a newbie so bare with me.

I made my payment online on the 1st of August.  I checked my scores and was astounded to see I was $98.00 over my limit and it looked like I had missed a payment.  My bill is due on the 28th of the month.  I paid on the 1st as I informed my ccc I would make my payment then.  Well I did it on line but it said I paid on the 1st but it posted for the 2nd.  I called the ccc and they told me a third party does their web payments.  We did a conference call with them and they acknowledged that i made my payment on the first but, couldn't give me a time and they felt it was closer to 2:00est and that's why it posted for the 2nd.  As great as their system is they could only say I defintely paid on the 1st but they didn't know the time. I am of course pursuing them to change this but right now nothing has cahnged on my score.  I am in the midst of trying to qualify for a mortgage.  I have been 10 straight months of no late and keeping my balances down now this.  Help!!! where else can I turn .
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: payment posted a day late 20 poit plunge

If the bill was due on the 28th, and you paid on the first, then whether posted on the first or second, you'd still be late.

Which CC is it and did you have a late added on your CRs? If not on your CR, then I would worry about it.

Each CC has their own rules. I keep a list with me on what the rules are with each CC. HSBC, for example, requires payment by 4pm on the day prior to when it was due. My National City requires payment by 5pm on the due date, but you can't pay and be credited on Saturdays. YMMV.

If a late was added, you could fire off GWs to get them to change it.

A moderator here, masdeocho, made a great suggestion once. Pay the minimum immediately upon receipt of the statement or notification of a statement (if online). Then, that would give you flexibility to pay later at a higher amount, if so desired, and prevents you from forgetting that a payment was due.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: payment posted a day late 20 poit plunge

No late payment was added to the CR.  It just made it look like I was way over my limit.  The CCC is Continental (First Bank Of DE)  I got this card to reestablish credit.  I've been trying to get my score up to 650 in order to qualify for a mortgage.  I was at; exp 566 tu 541 & eq 521 now as of 8/2/08 exp 546 tu 527 eq 573.  I was hoping to see a steady increase. Since I have your eyes I have two CO's (HSBC)  8/06 & 3/05 They are now with another collection company that does not appear on my report.  Will a gw letter help or not?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.