Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payoff.com???

tag
trix_r_4_kids
Regular Contributor

payoff.com???

Ding, Ding -- round 7 with Portfolio Recovery ... for those of you keeping score, I'm still looking for a TKO with them.  I want them off of my report and have offered PFDs and such via e-mail and snail mail.  I allegedly owe $624 from a charged off Orchard Bank card from 2008.  I'm willing to pay them $300 as this was the original amount of the debt owed.

I just got an offer from them for a "Single Payment Plan" for one payment of $390 for this account to be "settled in full".  However, if I sign up for a "free" account with payoff.com, I can "save" 25% on this account.

Has anyone ever heard of payoff.com?  Their website promises a "fun free way to pay debt" and I can win "cash sur-prizes" (*sarcasm*).  Most of the Google search turned up tech talk and finance info.  There isn't a lot out there from people with personal experience who have paid a debt through them.  Does anyone here have any personal experience?

Part of my fear in settling my Portfolio debt through them is that they will want a lot of personal/financial info.  I welcome your advice and feedback.

I used to post my scores here. However, I'm prone to motion sickness and the ups and downs were nauseating.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
snsforever916
Regular Contributor

Re: payoff.com???

That's beyond odd! This website kinda looks like credit karma. I think i'll check it out!

Starting Scores:
Lender Pull 7/10/2012 EQ 585 EX 617 TU 551
8/2012 MyFico EX 598 01/2013 EX 608 2/2013 EX 620 Smiley Surprised)
9/12/2012 624 (Fico Discover)
02/7/2013 660 (Fico Wally)
At least I'm heading in the right direction!!!

Goal Score:740+, home loan and Get rid of subprime cards!!!

Message 2 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Just looked into it myself. Didn't find anything bad about it, but I'd be worried about a place that a CA is advertising that wants you to link your bank and credit accounts to.  I'm just a little weary of it.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

In my opinion, I would not get a third party involved in payment of a debt.

If you depend upon them to pay,  no telling what they might do or how timely their actions.

Additionally, they might become involved in the payment negotiations, and the debt collector may or may not offer similar terms to them.

It is not, in my opinion, worth it.

Message 4 of 9
trix_r_4_kids
Regular Contributor

Thank you all for your responses.  After reading their terms of use and their privacy policy, I will not be using payoff.com to settle my Portfolio debt.

I will write yet another letter to Portfolio directly with an offer of $300 to settle this debt.

I used to post my scores here. However, I'm prone to motion sickness and the ups and downs were nauseating.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there! We truly value your feedback and want to help out anyway we can. [Removed contact info] Saw your post come up and wanted to address your concerns. 

Payoff.com is not a debt settlement company ( not event a little bit). Our goal is to help our users set financial goals and motivate them to achieve along the way.  

[Removed links] 

Please feel free to contact us with any questions or feedback and we would be more than happy to answer your questions and listen to your feedback. 

Best, 

Dan

[Removed contact info] 

Message 6 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for your response Dan.  What I think our members really want to know is what are the pros and cons of using a service such as this.  We've never heard of a Collection Agency promoting a site such as this, and to be honest, anthing a collection agency suggests is just a bit suspicious.  If you could maybe do a run down of your services and what could be expected from using your service, we would be grateful.  We do like representitives speaking directly about their services vs 2nd or 3rd hand information.  Thank you.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 9
trix_r_4_kids
Regular Contributor

Yes, Dan.  Thank you for your response.

I concur with Shogun's response in that more information about payoff.com would be helpful.

Message 8 of 9
Sarah
Administrator Emeritus

Thread is locked and under review.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.