Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pentagroup financial for a collection for sprint

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

pentagroup financial for a collection for sprint

I have pentagroup request me to pay a debt for collection from sprint...To make a long story short I called to offer a pay for delete and the said no. That it will show up as settled and paid in balance of 0. I don't want that so what should do?  The collection agencies said it will bring back all the points back I lost but I don't believe it would.  I would pay sprint but its no longer theirs.   
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: pentagroup financial for a collection for sprint

they lied to you. if necessary, consider it further proof of what you are dealing with. a paid collection, counts exactly like an active collection for FICO scoring, and a settled debt is even worse.

is the debt past SOL?
SOL on phone bills is federally mandated at 2 years.

if it is, write them back with a nice PFD letter as you can find searching on these forums, and offer 50% or less. the PFD letter should state to contact you only in writing. They don't accept, you don't pay them. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What was the outcome of Pentagroup collection for you Sprint account for the PFD letter,  I am in the same situation where I have offered to pay the full amount in exchange for a purge of that collection from my report.

Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

What was the outcome of Pentagroup collection for you Sprint account for the PFD letter,  I am in the same situation where I have offered to pay the full amount in exchange for a purge of that collection from my report.

Unfortunately, OP hasn't been back on these forums in just over 2 years.

IME, I had Pentagroup trying to collect on a Verizon Wireless debt. I sent a DV and they disappeared in a hurry.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to hear, that was my next step,  I called Sprint to get verification of my statements and they were unable to provide them to me without going up the chain, probably cause it is over 2 years old.  Also, to my understanding there is only a 2 year SOL with verbal agreements in regards to phone bills.  Thanks again for responding, DV letter in work and will keep posted to aide anyone else in the same boat.

Message 5 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I have a sprint bill from WAY back in 2001, a company call Calvary portfolio is trying to collect. There is no chance this debt can end up back on my CR right?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.