Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

personal loan for collections?

tag
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: personal loan for collections?

Find out how much you can settle for and still have it deleted, then go for it! 

Congrats!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 11 of 14
hoff33
New Contributor

I am only hesitate because I don't know if this would improve my scores to where I'd need them to be. I'm assuming it would give a fairly good boost but it's hard to know.

We pay $350 a month for my husband's truck right now (high interest rate) so technically this loan would only cost us $150 a month more by doing this and have it paid in 36 months. Wed obviously try to pay it much sooner then this.
Message 12 of 14
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@hoff33 wrote:
I am only hesitate because I don't know if this would improve my scores to where I'd need them to be. I'm assuming it would give a fairly good boost but it's hard to know.

We pay $350 a month for my husband's truck right now (high interest rate) so technically this loan would only cost us $150 a month more by doing this and have it paid in 36 months. Wed obviously try to pay it much sooner then this.

If these are your ONLY collections you WILL see a jump I just can't tell how much because I don't know what else is on your report and etc. I think it's worth it to have clean reports.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 13 of 14
hoff33
New Contributor

Wish we had access to a rapid re score model we could all use. Yeah no other collections after these are gone. Got my other 2 deleted. My husband has perfect history last 3 years. 3 credit cards, 3 student loans and his truck loan.

I have 3 credit cards all perfect history, 2 student loans clean history, car loan. My only other bad thing are my old closed 0 balance student loans I consolidated with some pretty bad payment history from 2012 and fed loan said they are deleting the but at this point I'm not holding my breath.

Then some closed cc with good history. That's about it.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.