Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pfd aggrement via email

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

pfd aggrement via email

Dear All,

I have received the following email. Is the email good enough or should I ask for a signed and faxed letter?

"... I agree to issue a deletion of this trade upon payment in full of the balance. Contact the agency assigned to this account to arrange payment via certified funds.

Once the payment is made, I will be able to issue you a letter upon payment confirming the deletion before it shows on your credit report."

Once I make the payment, they will issue a letter and then I will send that letter to the credit bureaus to have the tradeline removed, is that correct? Please confirm. Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: pfd aggrement via email

Anyone? 

Message 2 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Dear All,

I have received the following email. Is the email good enough or should I ask for a signed and faxed letter?

"... I agree to issue a deletion of this trade upon payment in full of the balance. Contact the agency assigned to this account to arrange payment via certified funds.

Once the payment is made, I will be able to issue you a letter upon payment confirming the deletion before it shows on your credit report."

Once I make the payment, they will issue a letter and then I will send that letter to the credit bureaus to have the tradeline removed, is that correct? Please confirm. Thanks.

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Does the email have a name and title attached to it? At the very least I would want that. I'm not at all sure if an email carries the same weight as a letter. It probably does but I can't advise you to accept just this email without having other opinions.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 3 of 5
terrymurph
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Dear All,

What was the name ot the company. Also who sent you the email by that mean what was there title at the company.

Eq WAS 500+ three years ago NOW IM 683 and Trans WAS ALSO 500+ NOW IM SITTING AT 710
700 You better be on the LOOK OUT(OOPS GUESS THEY WEREN'T LOOKING CAUSE I ALREADY MADE IT YAAAAYYYYYYYY)
Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

__________________________________________________________________________________________

PFD acceptance is a legal contract.  Yes, it requires authentification. Not just an unverified e-mail, which legally is no more than a contract negotiation.

Some verification of what is agreed to be deleted, and some electronic or written authority that binds them to the agreement.

But getting to the substantive issues, which I really dont understand from the facts offered in your post.

Who did you send the PFD offer to?  Was it the original creditor (OC), or was it their contracted debt collector (CA?)?

So I am unsure of who is offering deletion, and thus what they are offering deletion of.

An OC can only agree to deletion of prior derogs that THEY reported, or even to the deletion of their entire account from your CR, in a PFD agreement.  They cant requrire any deletion of CA reporting.

If the OC still owns the debt, and you pay them, even with a valid PFD contract, the OC cannot agree to or promise any deletion of reporting to your CR that has been made by a debt collector (CA). 

IF you pay  a debt collector (CA), after reaching a PFD contract with the CA, then the CA similarly cant commit to any CR deletion of prior reporting done by the OC.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.