Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pfd letters

tag
quagmeyer
Established Member

pfd letters

when sening out pfd letter cmrr does cmrr# have to be included on the actual letter

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: pfd letters

@quagmeyer wrote:

when sening out pfd letter cmrr does cmrr# have to be included on the actual letter

There's always going to be a difference of opinion on here, but IMO, don't send it CMRRR. Send with a stamp.

I look at PFDs as a GW for unpaid debts. You are asking for a favor by exchanging a payment for a deletion. The OC/CA doesn't have to respond and they can certainly ignore it. Because of this, I eliminated a few things in the PFD. I send first class to make it look less threatening. I reworded the first sentence to eliminate the word "dispute" (even though it says it isn't a dispute, OCs/CAs see that word and assume that it is). I also eliminated the timed-requirement since, IMO, 10 days is unrealistic if several decision-makers are involved.

I had a couple of PFD successes, one of which was snail mail. I sent well over 100 PFDs to Verizon Wireless before they said yes. Had I sent each via CMRRR, then the cost to send them would have exceeded the debt itself by at least 1.5 times.

Message 2 of 3
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Re: pfd letters

I totally agree with llecs... when sending a PFD, there's really no value in wasting the money on a CMRRR just to see that the letter was devilered. Generally speaking, USPS is pretty reliable, so if you sent it, it got there Smiley Happy

CMRRR is usually used when something is time sensitive and you want to be able to prove that the recipient received the letter on a certain day. With PFDs, when the recipient received it is totally irrelevant. They can ignore you or chose not to respond and then you've just wasted a few dollars. Use a stamp and if you don't hear back in a few weeks, just try again!

To answer your question - adding the CMRRR # to the letter is not required, but alerts the recipient to the fact that you have a RRR and will know when they received it.

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.