Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pfd on time barred debt

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

pfd on time barred debt

How wordy does a pfd need to be when outside sol? I've got one collection for Professional Debt Mediation (old apt lease) for $2400 that goes out of sol in August and another 2 for National Credit Systems (old apt lease too) for $2000 that goes out of sol in May 2017. I'd like to keep it as simple as possible in hopes that the legal jargon won't scare them away but idk what's appropriate. I'm hoping to offer PDM $600 to start w/ and NCS probably $500-$600 to start although I feel they'll want half to PFD. Is that too little? Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: pfd on time barred debt

Simply omit any reference to expiration of the statue of limitations.

SOL refers to the period in which they must initiate any civil action, and is unrelated to credit report deletion or the credit report exclusion period.

Simply request agreement that they promptly delete any reporting of their colection to any credit reporting agency.

Message 2 of 3
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: pfd on time barred debt

I agree. I was successful at a couple of PFD's a few years back and basically got to the point of what I wanted in a nice matter and got a good response. It doesn't always work but it's worth a shot when it's dragging your scores down.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.