Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help...over ten years and still trying to fix my report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

please help...over ten years and still trying to fix my report

i need help and i don't know who to ask. i have companies report bogus debts on my credit over and over. they have artificially driven my score down so far that i can't do anything. i have a car loan, 2 credit cards, a cell phone and several student loans that have never been late. yet my score is 550 now through experian. just a couple months ago i was told by experian it was 740. the only difference is an unknown $250 charge that mysteriously came up from "fair collections and outsourcing". i have no idea who this is and what possible $250 charge they could possibly be referencing because they don't answer their phone.been on hold 2 hours now, no answer. i have spent over a decade trying to fix my credit. i had it totally clean a few months ago. i dispute things over and over and they are re-verified with new dates like i just took the loan out. how can they do things so blatantly illegal and get away with it? these companies are putting a debt on, driving my scores down, then when i have the bogus debt removed, my score doesn't raise back up. then the next one takes it down a little lower. none of the creditors answer the phone or they are rude and hang up on me.

a company can be totally wrong with their reporting, i pay to have it removed, buy another report to make sure it is done right, and none of this helps me because a month afterward it will be right back on.  my credit is being destroyed and there is nothing i can do because the credit agencies do not play by the rules. i have had to get the state attorney in my last state involved to remove debts, but the removal of a fraudulent debt does raise the score back up. the collection agency told me they would keep it on my credit report for the rest of my life if they could. there has to be someone out there who can make these people do what they are required to do by law. i keep disputing these charges over and over again and a new one will pop up and destroy all the progress i have made with my score. i don't not have the money for an attorney because i work a crap job that gives me time to do homework for college. now i can't even buy a car. how does someone who pays 99% of their bills one time have a experian score of 550? and how does a $250 charge lower my score 200 points? these people have ruined my life.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Re: please help...over ten years and still trying to fix my report

Is it just that one debt buying company thats bugging you right now? I would cease all communications via phone and have everything done in writing with the company. Have you sent out a debt validation certified mail to this company?
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

First, are you looking at FICO scores everytime you are getting scores? You can only get EX FICO scores here on this site.

Second, don't talk to them on the phone.

Third, does it show a DOFD for this new collection that appeared or a estimated removal date? Do you have any clue what it could be?

I hate to suggest to someone to DV an account that they don't know the SOL on for the risk of being sued, however if this is something that you could pay if you were to get sued and it was your account, then I suggest sending a DV CMRRR.

CAs can not leave accounts past CRTP. CRTP is 7-7 1/2 years from DOFD. This is the date you went delinquent and never caught up before the account was CO or sent to collections.

Is this new mysterious collection the only one reporting?

If you have others, please list DOFD, DOLA, and your SOL and we can advise you on how to proceed.

What do you mean by paying them to be removed and they are right back on? Do you mean you got PFD agreements and they reported the items again?

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

the two main ones are taken care of. i had my credit report totally clean 2 months ago. then a charge showed up for my old power bill from when i moved. they sent the final bill to the wrong address, and i thought i had paid it in full. i paid the power company and they swore it would not show up on my credit. it did and the creditors told me they still wouldn't remove it even though new hapshire power and light told them to. i even have a letter from nhpl stating this. i gave them a little time to see if they would take it off. my credit was 740 through experian. i applied for an auto loan today and the old charge is gone and now a mysterious charge of $250 dollars from june ( i had no account in default in june or at any time around then) from "fair collections and outsourcing". and they don't answer their phone. the problem is that every time i get one of these bogus charges removed, my score will not raise back up even though they were proved to be invalid debts. i seem to have this problem with all kinds of companies and they tell me things like, we can do what we want.

now it seems i will have to dispute again, which will involve buying a report, disputing, buying another report to see if it was done correctly. why am i having my score dropped if these debts are invalid. my score is down to a 550!!! i have also seen this company being discussed in several forums. who are they and what type of debt do they try and get? and how do i stop places from reselling a debt and adding it as a new debt? i think that might be what happened. an old bill that was paid and one company sold to another and put on a new date. how is this not illegal? and how do i save my score from these jerks who knowingly do this?

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

"What do you mean by paying them to be removed and they are right back on? Do you mean you got PFD agreements and they reported the items again?"

i mean buying a report, disputing it, having it removed, then by the time i get a new report to see if it was actually done, there it is with a default date of my last dispute.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i'll tell you what, let me go ahead and get my report. as i said i am a student, i will have to wait a week or so to get my report. i will come back with all the info and do the dipute step by step. i have read about a lot of forms on here i have never heard of. maybe there's smething i'm not doing. is an online dispute ok? thats normally how i do them.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would stop disputing with the CRA and start fixing the mistake at the source-- the CA.

If you are getting your score from EX.....ignore it, as it is not a true FICO and likely not what your creditors are using.

If you haven't already, I would get your free annual reports, as these reports come directly from the CRA and provide much more information than reports you'll get elsewhere, like on myFICO or TrueCredit. 

If you have your Experian report number from when you pulled your reports before, you can go to their website and towards the bottom in the middle it will say "review report again", click that and enter your report number and other information and you'll see a current copy.

Otherwise go to TransUnion's online dispute and go through the steps to get a report to use for disputing. You don't actually have to complete a dispute, but can view your report.

If you've been denied credit in the last 60 days, are unemployed, and under some other circumstances you can get a free report from the CRA. If it is for denial of credit, you get a report from the CRA the creditor used.

TransUnion

Experian

Equifax

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

actually you guys have already helped me. i had never heard of some of the term you used. i wasn't sure what a debt validation is, so i started looking and found CIC's debt validation info.

(edited to remove link; such links are not permitted on these forums per myFICO TOS and User Guidelines.)

Is theirs the procedure many of you are using? is there anything wrong or missing? i was just doing the regulare online disputes. in this (now removed) link, it discusses "willful non-compliance" and some other things that happened to me. 

also, those links are very helpful. thanks, this is  a start.

Message Edited by sendeth on 01-03-2009 10:09 AM
Message Edited by Scamp on 01-03-2009 11:18 AM
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

well, thanks for the help so far, but if i can't find out about the documents listed on the website that was edited out, theres not really any point in using these forums. asking if a document or procedure is correct that no one can see isn't really going to accomplish anything. thanks for you help, but i guess i will have to just move over to their forums.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are certain websites that can not be discussed here on the forums because they promote unethical credit repair. This is a violation of the Credit Repair Discussion Guidelines, Terms of Service, and User Guidelines that everyone on the site must follow.

If you check the links in my signature, one of them is titled "DV", this will give you some insight on how DV letters go.

There is also a sample DV letter that you can find here, but I recommend keeping it short and sweet as advised in the "DV" link in my signature.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.