Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

police report on fraud

tag
tblank65
New Contributor

police report on fraud

Back 04 I found out someone used my ID but a different address that was eventually turned over to collections...9 month later the CA or the OC would not show me the orig contract even with letters from an attorney....I even went so far as to pay the original Oc to make it go away....but after this time period and frustrating calls and lawyer bills on his advice I filed a police report sent it to the the 3 CRAs does anyone know where it will go from here....the 4 old collections or just  frustrating knowing they werent mine...do I wait for the CRAs to investigate?...pull sig card or contracts or what
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: police report on fraud

When did you send the police report to the CRA's?

OH whats the DOFD on these collections? 

And are they Passed SOL?

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 5
tblank65
New Contributor

sent the police report last monday and the date assigned says Jan of 05
Message 3 of 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Since you just sent the police report and info as "not mine" to the CRA's , i would wait 30days to hear from them.

As far as date assigned, if you are talking about a collection account thats the date it was assigned to them, not the DOFD

If you look at your TU or EX CR's it should says date to be removed,count back 7yrs, that would be the DOFD, if reporting correctly.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 4 of 5
tblank65
New Contributor

ok checked the date and they are all set to remove june of 2011 which would mean Dofd june 04...where you going with this if I may ask
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.