Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

portfolio recovery associates deletion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

portfolio recovery associates deletion

I had two credit cards charged off from capital one totaling about $1500. CAPITAL ONE IS NO LONGER REPORTING THESE CARDS ON MY EXPERIAN CREDIT REPORT since last month, for the first time since 2011! However, PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASSOCIATES is still reporting them as a COLLECTIONS ACCOUNT under the status as CLOSED. I sent multiple dispute attempts through experian.com but they continue to come back as validated. PRA continues to attempt to collect on the debt via phone and paper mail. At this point what is my best option to get PRA off my credit report without paying them in full? Can they validate the debt if capital one deleted record of it? Any help is appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: portfolio recovery associates deletion

Pay them (if the debt is yours) and start sending them GW letters begging to remove out of the kindness of their hearts. They won't do PFD.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: portfolio recovery associates deletion

If they still have active collection authority, then yes, they can report regardless of whether the OC ever reported, or the OC has deleted their reporting.

They are separate.

What is the reported DOFD?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.