cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

portfolio recovery...shld I settle or pif?

tag
HigherFico
Regular Contributor

Re: portfolio recovery...shld I settle or pif?

Hi everyone. On my report is does say 'factoring companies' and it states the balance which is $1956 and current status say '120+ past due' . I thought they  couldn't be ' past due' since they have no due date...but then it says seven year history 0 days late for 30, 60and 90 days. The description says collection account.

Starting Score: 520
Current Score: 627
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 17
baller4life
Super Contributor

@HigherFico wrote:

Hi everyone. On my report is does say 'factoring companies' and it states the balance which is $1956 and current status say '120+ past due' . I thought they  couldn't be ' past due' since they have no due date...but then it says seven year history 0 days late for 30, 60and 90 days. The description says collection account.

The 120+past due is the part that's wrong. They can't report any past due. Have you disputed through CRAs?

Message 12 of 17
HigherFico
Regular Contributor

I disputed it yesterday but I did not put that they are reporting incorrectly since I just found out this morning. Should I send them a letter saying this? 

Starting Score: 520
Current Score: 627
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 17
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yes I would also shoot them an email. I will pm you the address

Message 14 of 17
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@baller4life wrote:

@HigherFico wrote:

The 120+past due is the part that's wrong. They can't report any past due. Have you disputed through CRAs?

Actually the status 120+ past due isn't wrong.  That's the status that was reported from the OC and there is nothing wrong with them putting that on your CR.  It's when a CA puts "monthly" derogs that the inaccuracy occurs.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 15 of 17
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

@HigherFico wrote:

Actually the status 120+ past due isn't wrong.  That's the status that was reported from the OC and there is nothing wrong with them putting that on your CR.  It's when a CA puts "monthly" derogs that the inaccuracy occurs.

I apologize I read that wrong. But they WERE reporting monthly payment lates for me and even reported the monthly payment being $96. 

Message 16 of 17
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@baller4life wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

@HigherFico wrote:

I apologize I read that wrong. But they WERE reporting monthly payment lates for me and even reported the monthly payment being $96. 

I had many problems with PRA.  It got nasty for a bit, the letter from my attorney was the final breaking point.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.